Fartes of Portingale (Lambball Soup)
6 cup beef broth or stock|
1 lb ground lamb
1/4 tsp cloves
1/8 tsp mace
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp currants
1 1/2 Tbsp dates, pitted, finely minced
1. Bring stock to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
2. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients, being careful to
sprinkle spices and salt evenly over meat.
3. Roll mixture into small balls.
4. Place meatballs in simmering stock. Cover pot and continue to
simmer for 10 minutes or until meatballs are done.
5. Skim excess fat from top.
6. Serve hot.
Copyright © 1999 Joan Schraith Cole.
Updated April 16, 1999
Graphics from Ann-S-Thesia CD